The museum is located in the house which was the property of the politician Sever Bocu, between 1922 and 1953 Five of the exibition rooms still preserve the luxurious interiors ordered by its owner: parquet with intarsia, ovens made of Vienna faience, chandeliers, crystal mirrors, furniture.
On display, is the art collection donated by Eleonora Costescu and Vasile Varga, in 1980: Romanian modern painting (Ioan Andreescu, Nicolae Tonitza), paintings pertaining to the Flemish, Italian, English, French and Hungarian Schools as well as pieces of decorative art (silver ware, porcellain, glassware).